Good Day

Good Day

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Re-thinking my thinking process...

~~~~~~~~~~~

 
These last few weeks I have been rethinking a lot of my personal values.  Bob and I felt the Lord calling us to make some changes in our life.  Bob mentioned that he's felt God calling him to be more frugal.  I have been feeling the same way, but have been really struggling with the idea of frugality.  It's not that I'm opposed to "thrift" or that I don't want to be a good steward.  It's that the whole concept of "Frugality" somehow equates itself with deprivation.  When I was growing up, we didn't have a lot, and when I had young kids, we had even less, so the whole idea of "doing without" has been very stressful.  Then, out of the blue, I came across this wonderful term: "Voluntary Simplicity".   Volunteering to live a simpler life filled with those things that are important to us.  A simpler life that isn't cluttered with stuff that gets in the way of the important things, such as relationships with family and friends, time with God and cultivating a good attiude.  I need to reavaluate my homelife, my habit of collecting clutter, and even the way I spend my time.

 ~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment