Good Day

Good Day

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm lost...where's the map?

~~~~~~~~~~

“What comes first, the compass or the clock?
Before one can truly manage time (the clock),
it is important to know where you are going,
what your priorities and goals are,
in which direction you are headed (the compass).
Where you are headed is more important than how fast you are going.
Rather than always focusing on what’s urgent,
learn to focus on what is really important.”


–Author unknown


I love this quote, and it identifies one of the major problems I've been having with managing my time.  Until last week, I really had no specific goals.  I've had an vague idea of what I wanted, but didn't have a plan on how to achieve it.  It is as if I wanted to visit a town somewhere but didn't have any idea what it was called, or how to get there.  I would need a good road map and the name of the town in order to reach it.  So I need to write down my goals so I can plan how to acheive them.
 
My goal for today: 
 
~List out the small things that I would like to see changed.
~Talk to my family to plan how we can work together to implement them.
~Try it for a minimum of two weeks and meet again to see if we need to modify the plan.
 
I believe that if we experience success in the small areas, then we'll be able to tackle the larger changes with confidence from our previous successes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment